Saturday, January 28, 2006

Traveller

When I was younger, there were some things
that left me cold and lost inside
but I remember many days
where i would go off to search and find

my life was made of long distance trips
all of which left me miles from home
to see hate and violence let slip
I cried and cried all alone

The journeys would all end
and my life would return to normal
but my mind would not mend
of the struggle and turmoil

Every moment I''m reminded
of past events still greatly scarring
my eyes are slowly becoming blinded
from days when my mind was starving

The hunger pangs will never cease
of knowledge and wisdom great
but I can pretend to release
the suffering I've felt of late

With age has come all my nightmares
all my fears of future spoils
and it only makes you wonder
what is worse: fresh or foiled?

No comments: